Botox in your 30s...

I debated about writing a blog about my experience with Botox injections because I know many people have mixed feelings about having any type of cosmetic procedures done. I understand that  line of thinking, because with any type of cosmetic procedure or really any type of medical procedure, there is always a risk involved.  If you don't agree with cosmetic procedures or if you have some judgmental comments to make, I will tell you like my Mamma always said, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all." 

I started thinking about getting Botox injections about a year ago. The lines on my forehead that stared back at me in the mirror every morning were a constant reminder of the fact that I was aging. I am currently 32 years old and as you can see from the top photo, I have/had very deep lines across my forehead. Currently, this is my only "problem" area. When I initially went in for a consultation, I was really nervous. Once the procedure began, I realized I had nothing to be nervous about. It was nothing more than tiny little pricks on my forehead and then it was all done. 


As I indicated before, there are risks involved with any medical procedure. Your doctor will inform you of those risks and then you can make an informed decision about whether or not Botox injections are right for you. As you can see in the second picture above, the lines on my forehead are almost completely gone. This was 3 days after my initial injections. I returned 2 weeks later and received "touch-ups" and you can see the results below.


I had a pleasant experience with Botox injections. I am pleased with the results and I will probably continue to get the injections as a preventative to slow down the wrinkling of my skin on my face. 

Am I encouraging readers to run to your nearest doctor and demand Botox injections? That would be a "No". I did want to share with you about my experience with these injections. If you are curious about how it works and if Botox really does what all the commercials say it does, then the answer to those questions is yes. Yes, Botox injections do smooth out the skin and rids most areas of fine lines. Medical doctors can give you more in depth details of how it actually works.


Just for your reference, this is about 2 months after
the second set of injections- my forehead is as smooth as water.

 I am not a medical professional; I am just a girl who wanted to rid her forehead of those deep worry lines and Botox did it for me! 

 

Comments