Break out the Bread Machine!

 


Whole Wheat Bread 

I have grown quite fond of my bread machine. My children love fresh, homemade bread, but as a working mother, that can be quite a difficult task. Let’s face it, in order to have fresh, homemade bread one must have time and unfortunately, I do not have the time to devote to baking bread. Thankfully, the bread machine was invented. 

All you have to do is place all the ingredients in the machine and presto- you have bread! It’s awesome and not only can the bread machine make bread, but it can also make cinnamon rolls, pizza dough, yogurt, and jams. The list goes on and on and the possibilities are endless.   

I hope my readers enjoy our new video this week featuring this recipe for whole wheat bread. We are still trying to iron out all the wrinkles in our videos so I hope I am giving everyone a good glimpse of our crazy normal and maybe even giving everyone a good laugh. 

Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread: 

1 1/4 cup water 

1 /4 teaspoon salt 

2 Tablespoons butter  

2 ½ Cups whole wheat flour 

1 ½ cups bread flour 

2 Tablespoons Rye flour 

1 Tablespoon yeast 

Place all ingredients in bread machine in the order listed. Choose the whole wheat setting and select medium crust. Press start button on the bread machine and wait for the most delicious bread. Editor’s note: Hanna McCain is a mother of two and a cookbook author who lives in Noxapater.

Comments