Back to School Lunch Ideas

 I was so excited that my children would be returning to school that I sat down and tried to get really creative with their lunch menu. Creative is probably not really the correct word to use, but I tried to actually plan out what they would be taking to lunch each day. I didn't want them to feel like they were eating the same old food day in and day out. 

Target has these great Bento boxes that work wonders when packing lunches. Each type of food is separated with dividers and these boxes seal completely to insure no leaks. I also purchased soup thermoses. These work wonders when I want to pack macaroni and cheese because it is still hot when they eat their lunch. 

 

Bento Box with Non-Removable Divider Dinosaur Decal - Cat & Jack™

These are the Bento Boxes that I purchased from Target and they have worked really well! Only $7.99 too! Most Bento Boxes are really expensive, so these are a steal!

They also come in all different types of designs, too. My Hub adores dinosaurs so this worked perfect for him. 

I have linked them here:  https://www.target.com/p/bento-box-with-non-removable-divider-dinosaur-decal-cat-38-jack-8482/-/A-79318585


 Thermos Minecraft 10oz FUNtainer Food Jar with Spoon - Black - image 5 of 12

Thermos Minecraft 10oz FUNtainer Food Jar with Spoon - Black

I also purchased these Funtainers for the macaroni and cheese or anything else that I might pack that needs to be eaten warm. These are so awesome because they have a spoon that is stored in the top part of the container. The cost of these containers is around $14.99, which isn't a bad price considering that they actually keep the food warm.

Once I had purchased what I had deemed the necessary essentials to pack a perfect back to school lunch, I went to grocery shopping. Now I must say this. I did bounce some of my lunch ideas off of my children. I asked them what they would like to eat and that gave me more insight as to what to plan on my menu.  Here is what the first full week of school lunches looked like. 

Monday: Chicken Nuggets, roll, apple slices, banana, gummy snacks

Tuesday: Cheese and Crackers, Carrots, Grapes, yogurt, Trader Joe's Joe Joes

Wednesday: Kosher Hot dog (Hebrew National), crackers, apple, banana, granola bar

Thursday: Macaroni & Cheese, roll, grapes, broccoli, animal crackers 

Friday: PB&J, crackers, carrots, grapes, yogurt. (I try not to pack a sweet snack on Fridays, because our school does Sweet Fridays. One child out of each class brings a snack every Friday. 

Kindergarten and Third Grade here they come!

I know I mentioned that on Tuesdays, my boys enjoy Trader Joe's Joe Joes. This is the Trader Joe's version of an Oreo. My children LOVE Oreos and this seams to be a "healthier" alternative. By the way, I LOVE Trader Joe's! It is a one of a kind grocery store and  they always have the most delicious items. 

Trader Joe's Joe-Joe's Sandwich Cookies (Chocolate & Vanilla Bean ...
Trader Joe's is one of my happy places. The closest one to me is 3 hours away. :( Every single time I am in Birmingham, AL I stop by the Trader Joe's and pick up all kinds of goodies. 



Both boys are growing WAY TOO FAST!




All ready for the first day of school!

I hope that this will give some of you Moms or Dads out there some ideas on what to pack for lunch. Sometimes, I get stuck in a rut and just want to throw a bunch of junk in the lunchbox, but planning out each meal really helps. 

Comments