On the road again.....

 

I have been so thrilled with all the beautiful weather that we have been experiencing in Mississippi. Our temps have been around the 70s and 80s.

I have been less than thrilled that our annual Heart O' Dixie triathlon was canceled due to the current pandemic. My nephews and I had been training and they were excited to compete for the first time. This was going to be their first triathlon and I couldn't wait for them to experience that rush of adrenaline as they first entered the water and then the sense of accomplishment when they crossed the finish line.

It is a feeling like no other to know that you swam, biked, and ran 35 miles. This would have been my 10th time to compete in this particular triathlon. Oh well- there is always next year- maybe.

We have decided to keep up with the training. We all bought newer, better, and hopefully faster bikes. Honestly, I have enjoyed getting to spend time with my nephews. Since the shutdown, they have both been home from school and we get to ride together when I get off work in the afternoons.

There is no doubt that we will be ready to tackle the triathlon next year with as many miles as we are putting in now.


Cycling 🚴🏻‍♀️ with the nephew. I’m just glad he puts up with me and that I can half-way keep up with him! 🏊🏻‍♀️ 🚲 🏃🏻‍♀️ 😂😂🥰


Comments