Mrs. Abel's Cream Cheese Twists

 When my parents were newly weds, Bro. Abel was their pastor. He actually married my parents. Both Mom and Dad were very close to Bro. Abel and his wife. My parents have told me countless stories about Bro. and Mrs. Abel and they have continued passing down their wise words.

While out Christmas shopping with my Mother, she recalled how Mrs. Abel always invited all the ladies of the church to her home for a Christmas party. Mom shared with me one of Mrs. Abel's sweet treats that she made for this special occasion. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have. Mom couldn't recall what Mrs. Abel actually called these delicious treats, so I gave them a name myself.




Mrs. Abel's Cream Cheese Twists

Ingredients

6 slices of white bread, edges cut
4 ounces cream cheese, soften
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
3. Mix together cream cheese and sugar until combined.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture onto bread and roll up. (Roll them like you roll a cinnamon roll)
5. Cut the roll in two pieces.
6. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a separate bowl.
7. Place each roll one at a time into the beaten egg and coat. Then place each roll into the cinnamon sugar mixture  and coat.
8. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes.
9. Store in an airtight container. 

Comments