I "Tri" Everything

Welcome to my blog!
 My name is Hanna McCain.  I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and aunt.  I married the most wonderful man on earth, Joseph, on April 1, 2011!  He is the publisher of three local newspapers in our area- The Winston County Journal, The Webster Progress Times, and The Choctaw Plaindealer.  I work as a Counselor helping individuals with disabilities.  I have two sweet, sweet sisters, who you will get to hear about often and two just as sweet brother-in-laws!  (My sisters married brothers by the way!)  Chasity, my oldest sister, has two girls, Anna Katherine and Abby and Penny has three boys- Chandler, Johnson, and Ryker.  I recently gave birth to my first born on March 20, 2012.  His name is Joseph Elijah, and we call him Eli.

I grew up in a village just south of Louisville called Noxapater.  I have lived there all my life with my parents and sisters.  At the age of 14 I started competing in triathlons.  My sisters and brother-in-laws joined in on the fun and we made competing a family event! I will upload lots of pictures from our races!

I bought my first house in 2010 and I have been decorating and painting since!  I will post pictures to give everyone some decorating ideas!  I love DIFFERENT!

Becoming a mother has changed me both from the inside out.  After having Eli, I dealt with postpartum depression.  It wasn't severe, but it was enough to affect my thoughts.  I remember telling my husband that I was just going to sell my car, my bike, and whatever else I could find so that I could stay at home with my baby.  I told him that I just couldn't do anything anymore- it was all about Eli now.  (That's craziness by the way.)  So my sweet and loving husband listened to me rant and then he said that Eli needed to see his mother enjoying life rather than just being a mother.  Joseph was and still is right.  Children need to see their parents doing things that they love to do.  I love competing in triathlons, baking, and painting.  Eli needs to see me do these things so that one day he can find something that makes him happy. 
This is why I wanted to start a blog because mothers need to get out there and "tri" everything.  Life is too short just to be a mom!  Show your children what you enjoy and you might help them find what their passions in life are too.


Joseph and I on our wedding day- April 1, 2011.  We were married at the Old Capital Inn in Jackson, MS.

Comments