Strawberry and Peach Arugula Salad

 


It has been really, really muggy and humid here in Mississippi. Last night, I came in from work and I wanted to eat something that would cool me off just a bit. I whipped up this salad and I thought I would share the recipe with you! It was delicious, simple, quick, and easy!

Ingredients 
2 Fresh Organic Peaches, sliced
1 1/2 Cups Fresh strawberries, chopped
1/4 Cup Organic Pecans
Organic Goat Cheese
2 Cups Fresh Organic Arugula
3 Tablespoons Organic Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Organic Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Organic or Local Honey

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pecans on cookie sheet and lightly season with kosher salt. Bake until the pecans become fragrant (around 5-6 minutes).

2. Add 1 cup of the chopped strawberries to a blender along with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey. Blend well.

3. Place arugula in salad bowls. Add sliced peaches and the remaining chopped strawberries. Top with goat cheese, toasted pecans, and the vinaigrette. 



Comments