Council House Cafe in French Camp, MS

Being a journalist's wife has its perks. It is not unusual for me to get a phone call from Joseph asking me if I want to help him go cover an event or happening. Last Friday, I got the opportunity to visit French Camp, MS. We live about 45 minutes away from this small village, and I had never visited this lovely community.


French Camp is a historic village that is located along the Natchez Trace. Visitors can discover how early American life used to be in the quaint log cabin village. There is a gift shop, museum, and cafe along with other historic buildings. The French Camp Historic Village and French Camp Bed and Breakfast are adjacent to French Camp Academy, which is a Christian boarding school-home. French Camp offers several annual events including the French Camp Rodeo, Mid-south Stargaze and Astronomy Conference, and the French Camp Harvest Festival.

Because of our time constraints, I did not have the opportunity to explore the village as much as I wanted, but I did enjoy dining at the Council House Cafe.


The inside of the Council House Cafe is beautiful. There is outdoor dining here as well. 
You can go to their website for loads more information: https://www.frenchcamphistoricvillage.com/ and 




The menu consists of burgers, steaks, catfish, vegetable sides, and most importantly, homemade desserts. We sampled the Key Lime Icebox Cake and the Mississippi Mud Cake. The desserts were delicious. 

I had a chance to stop in the gift shop at the Council House Cafe' and I found these adorable rabbits that are made in French Camp. 



The Children of God Pottery Studio in French Camp gives both young and old the experience of creating designs with their resident artist and potter. This line of pottery is available online in the studio's Etsy store. For more information on this pottery, visit their website at: https://www.frenchcamphistoricvillage.com/children-of-god-pottery

Joseph and I had a great time together both covering the event and slipping in a little date night. 






 

Comments