Falling in Love with Fall Decor on a Budget

First, let me preface by saying that I do NOT consider myself a professional decorator, my mother and sisters are the professionals of the family, but I do like to dress up my home for each holiday. My Mother and sisters usually come to help me, for which I am very thankful.

I love the fall season and I love all the decorations, but I usually do not want to spend a fortune on decorating our house for fall because the decor doesn't stay up long enough before I begin decorating for Christmas. I was so excited to find some really great items at Dollar Tree. Yes, you read that correctly- Dollar Tree. 

Dollar Tree Find #1:



How cute are these glowing Jacko'lanterns? They are battery operated and create the perfect Halloween atmosphere. I replaced my candles for these cuties. My children love looking at them as their lights change colors. 

If the Jacko'lanterns aren't your thing, Dollar Tree does have pumpkins without the scary faces that could be used through Thanksgiving.  They are pictured in the second picture above. I placed them by our Keurig for added fall happiness. 

Dollar Tree Find #2


If these adorable wine glasses don't get you in the Halloween spirit, nothing will! I purchased a set of 6. Dollar Tree offers 3 different designs- green, orange, and purple. I probably should have purchased more, but I was thinking of using them to set my dining room table. 

Dollar Tree Find #3


If Halloween isn't your thing, Dollar Tree offers these ice tea glasses (pictured on the left) and some stemless wine glasses (pictured on the right). The ice tea glasses have beautiful fall leaves on them and the stemless wine glasses have Grateful and leaves on them. 

Dollar Tree Find #4


It's fall, ya'll and we all need to Gather together and give thanks! These salad plates gave me all the Joanna Gaines vibes. 

Dollar Tree Find #5


These adorable scarecrows make any mum look all the more fun and festive. 

Putting it all together...

Creating the Perfect Fall Tablescapes


                               
I'm still working on my center pieces of my table, but this is what I have so far. I found the pumpkin flower arrangement from Ross Dress For Less. This is another wonderful store that has many great holiday finds that are extremely inexpensive. The velvet pumpkins were handmade by a local resident. 


My mother took a little different approach to her table settings. 



Creating the fall farmhouse look 

My mums and pumpkins were purchased locally. I found some boxes to add height. The "Boo" pillow and "Truck" Halloween pillow were purchased from Ross Dress For Less. The copper Jacko'lantern was a gem that I found at TJ Maxx last year. 

You may recognize the pew in the picture below as the one that I recently blogged about repainting. This pew sat on my Granny Johnson's porch for years and I am so happy that it now sits on mine. 




I hope this post puts you in the fall spirit. 2020 has been a rough year for everyone and I am trying to do everything in my power to not only perk myself up, but maybe even put a little positivity in your day as well. 

Happy Fall, Ya'll!


















 




Comments